Let’s face it, given the tempo of their output it was only a matter of time before this happened, but the big news of today is that Specna Arms seem set to enter the airsoft handgun market!
Just an hour ago they dropped the first visualizations of what they’ve been up to behind the scenes, and already it’s causing some conversation with the Red Cell test team! All we know for now is what Specna Arms have told us;
“(Today) we have for you a completely new 3D project – Specna Arms airsoft pistol replica. The visualizations show the prototype, which may undergo some changes, so have that in mind while commenting on it. If you have any suggestions, we’ll be glad to hear them. Let us share some details on the pistol:
– Based on a polymer frame
– 174 mm length metal slide
– The slide has special cuts for better reload
– The front part of the slide is profiled for easier holstering
– Enlarged and fitted to the line of the pistol grip magazine release
– The slightly elongated beavertail for shooter’s protection against
accidental clipping with the slide
– The trigger guard designed to allow a more comfortable grip.
It will be equipped with
– Fiber optic sights
– Cutout for red dot sight (compatibility decision pending)
– Bottom RIS rail
– Overlays on the back of the pistol grip to enhance the grip thickness.
We design the SA pistol to be compatible with internal parts and accessories (e.g., holsters) from popular brands. To facilitate the change of the magazine and improves the grip stability user can mount an optional magwell.
Trigger and red dot added only for illustrative purposes. Red magwell was used only for its better presentation in visualizations. Ultimately, it will be dark.”
This is pretty exciting news and there are more images to see on the Specna Arms Facebook Page, and we’ll be sure to bring you more as soon as we get the inside track from our friends at Specna Arms!