There’s been a lot of AR and pistol-related news recently but, finally – and much to the absolute delight of a number of the AA crew – there’s some “AK” news!
We’ve just heard from Specna Arms about two new models for their “J” series …and this time they’re much more “tacticool”!
The SA-J06 (pictured) and J-07 (there’s also some tidy-looking “105 and 74” EDGE models now available!) now put the AKs on par with their other more advanced EDGE™ line of replicas that adds an array of solutions and technologies hard to find in other replicas on the market. It is a series that puts the emphasis on very good craftsmanship of the exterior, solutions that improve upon the versatility of the replica, prolong its lifetime, simplify the diagnostics of a malfunction as well as facilitate the possibility of a power tuning. Straight out of the box you get a replica that does not require any modification, however, if needed, we are told that mods will be extremely simple.
The Specna Arms J-Series™ carbine replicas are made mainly of steel, including the receiver, dust cover, external barrel, trigger guard, magazine latch, fire mode selector plate, muzzle device, rear sight and cleaning rod, as well as pins and rivets. The remaining metal elements are made of a Zinc and aluminum alloy with a special coating used for their finish, which gives the replica a very realistic appearance. Similarly to the live firearm original, the stock, pistol grip, magazine, and the stock adaptor are all made of polymer.
– receiver made of a steel sheet
– steel, one-piece external barrel
– metal Hop-Up chamber
– precision, internal barrel with a diameter of 6.03 mm
– quick spring exchange system Enter & Convert™
– the set includes additional M90 main spring
– muzzle device mounted on 24 mm CW / 14 mm CCW thread
– “dovetail joint” side mounting rail
– realistic construction in VFC system based on pins, levers and pegs.
– plenty of room for a Stick battery under the dust cover (LiPo ready)
– telescopic stock mounted on a metal buffer tube in AR15 standard
– aluminum M-LOK / RIS hanguard
– RIS / Picatinny gas tube
– QD sling swivel mounts
– magwell spacer insert to faster magazine reload
– originally designed mid-cap S-MAG magazines
The new J-Series™ carbine replicas also have the Enter & Convert™ system (check out the new issue on the 15th for more on this!) which allows a rapid and quick adjustment of the power of the replica to the conditions expected on the field, without the need for access to a workshop or a set of special tools. Once the gearbox has been taken out of the replica’s body, the process of spring change lasts literally mere seconds; all that is required is to take out the guide along with the spring through the opening in the gearbox frame.
The Specna Arms guys also tell us that the new models are fully compatible with the majority of magazines by Cyma, JG, E&L, Bolt, although using other brands magazines may require some modification. The set includes two original, polymer S-MAG mid-cap magazines for 130 BB’s each.
The J-Series™ models are powered by the ORION™ V3 that is characteristic for its high reliability. The mech is prepared for further tuning and cooperation with M140 main springs. Inside, there are features such as:
– reinforced polymer piston with a full, steel jaw
– aluminum, double air-sealed cylinder head
– aluminum, double air-sealed piston head with bearings
– ball bearing spring guide
– set of steel gears
We’re REALLY stoked to see these new models and also REALLY pleased to see that the Specna Arms AKs are getting the same performance love and attention as their ARs – and we’re most certainly looking forward to getting our hands on one of these to test …soon!