It’s all go at Airsoft Action HQ this week as we’re getting the new “monthly” ready to upload on the 15th October and it’s chock-full of airsoft goodness as usual! That doesn’t mean that our test program slows down though, especially with the first instalment of Red Cell in the bag, and the second round of testing already underway!
One of the models that we already have “in test” is the long-awaited ARMY ARMAMENT double-stack 1911 pistol, the R604, which TAIWANGUN already have on sale! The aim of ARMY was to launch a product for customers who are looking for a pistol with reliable combat characteristics, long-range, and the ability to deliver BBs on target consistently; they also looked to provide a unique and stylish appearance with a precision finish and durability of construction, and our initial view of the R604 is that they’ve certainly delivered on all fronts!
· Full Metal Construction – shortened slide with weight reduction cuts, reinforced frame and a 4-inch island type barrel with compensator.
· Double Stack Magazine – 28 rounds capacity magazine with a base pad for fast, smooth, positive reload.
· Fibre Optic Sights – for fast and simple sight alignment to accelerate aiming in unfavorable conditions.
· Ambi Thumb Safety – allows locking the slide without changing your grip on the pistol.
· Tactical Magwell – for fast reloads.
· Polymer Pistol Grip with Stippling – for better handling and control of the pistol while shooting in all conditions.
· Integral Frame Rail – to mount a flashlight in low light situations.
· Mounting plates – to allow the use of a pistol Red Dot sights.
· Laser-Engraved Individual Serial Number.
· Adjustable Hop-Up Unit – to adjust the BBs flight path for better range and accuracy.
· Wear and Cold-Resistant Sealed Hop-Up Rubber – made of a silicone compound, which ensures tightness even at low temperatures.
· Reinforced Cold-Resistant Polymer Nozzle – a new design nozzle provides a better seal which translates into a stable shot force and increased mechanical resistance to damage.
· Sealed New Generation Magazine Valves – significantly improved magazine loading comfort, reduced gas consumption and tightness to ensure smooth operation of the entire pistol.
The main image shows the R604 set up as we have it for range testing with mini-RDS and Suppressor thread adapter in place, and at the moment TAIWANGUN have this available as a “package deal” for less than you’d pay for many GBB pistols alone! This is a superb deal, and mating the mini-RDS takes just a couple of minutes with the mounting plates that are included with the pistol.
To check out the pistol in more detail please just follow this link to TAIWANGUN, and scroll down the page to access the “special deal”, and we’ll be bringing a full report on the R604 in Issue 120 when our testing is complete!