After a quiet week at AAHQ with Bill being in Taiwan (he does tend to rave a lot!) we’re back properly this week as we pull together ISSUE 156 for 15 NOVEMBER!
Bill tells us that there’s a LOT to talk about that the AA Crew saw on their travels, and that MOA 2023 in Taiwan should hold a few surprises for the coming year (Stewbacca will be reporting on the show as always with some additional input from Anny!)!
But the first thing that they had “hands on” to talk about is something that we’ve been waiting for… a GBBR from G&G ARMAMENT!
He tells us that “ we had a fabulous time with G&G in Taiwan, and our sincere thanks go out to Mr Liao and the whole tram for making us feel so welcome, and for running a stunning event! We’ll be reporting in full in the new issue mod-month, but for now I want to talk about their new GBBR!
The new MGCR556 GBBR has been promised for a little while now, and I’m pleased to report that it 100% looks to live up to its promise! It’s a modern take on the venerable AR platform with the G&G design flair that I’ve come to expect from them in recent years, and it shoots well as the operation is awesome with some real recoil impulse! With three lengths to choose from I’m certain this is going to please a LOT of players…”
Features look to be solid;
- Durable full metal construction
- Aluminum bolt improves gas efficiency and cycling speed
- Pre-upgraded trigger, hammer, and sear
- Available in three different sizes
- M-LOK handguard with top 1913 Picatinny / 20mm RIS for mounting grips, lights, lasers, optics, and other accessories
- Utilizes the new G&G MGCR magazines
- Ambidextrous magazine release and selector switch
- Flip up front and rear iron sights
In terms of specs it’s also cool;
- Length: 770.8mm
- Weight: 2890g
- Inner Barrel: 266mm
- Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds. Compatible w/ G&G MGCR Series Magazines
- Thread Direction: 14mm Negative
- Gas Type: Green Gas
- Fire Modes: Semi / Full-Auto, Safety
- Hopup: Yes, Adjustable
This is a very tidy looking package indeed and takes G&G into new territory again! Although we’ve had “hands-on” already obviously we want to give it some thorough testing before we give our final comments, so watch out for more on this new gas platform when this happens!