As we’re gearing up for Issue 129 this weekend of course we’re also working on our special 10th Year Anniversary Issue for September, and the next issue after that… it REALLY never stops at AA HQ!
One of the projects we’re going to be looking at in the future is that of the “Grey Man”, and looking in more detail at what this means, and where it has a place in airsoft games and scenarios; it’s also a great crossover where gear that you use in game can also serve you well in everyday life… good gear, multiple applications = win for our pocket money!
One of the pieces of clothing we’ve been putting through the ringer is the RIDGE PANT from tried and trusted brand 5.11; at first glance these pants don’t scream “tactical”, but they’re definitely the perfect accompaniment for those needing performance in a low key way s they’re built with huge functionality, such as a hidden cuff key pocket, an IWB flex cuff tunnel, and hidden pockets. They offer a high range of motion and are definitely the pants you want to be wearing when you need to keep things on your person away from prying eyes.
While they’d work perfectly in game, they’re ideally suited to those who want to live the “grey man life”!
- Body: 67% polyester/ 33% cotton Flex-Tac® canvas, 6.4-oz., Teflon™ finish
- Contrast: 87% polyester/ 13% elastane plain weave, 4.7-oz., DWR finish
- Pocketing: 80% polyester/ 20% cotton poplin, 4.0-oz.
- Comfort waistband with zipper and logo button closure
- Flex cuff tunnel inside waistband
- Reinforced belt loops with center back webbing loop
- Angled hand pocket openings with N6 knife reinforcement
- Back yoke utility pockets
- Back body patch pockets
- Cargo pockets with zipper closures and inside dividers
- Riding gusset
- Articulated knees
- Cuff key pocket at inside of left leg hem
- logo embroidery at back keystone belt loop
- 8 pockets
- Slim fit