A good daypack is a “must-have” for any airsofter in our opinion and Helikon-Tex certainly have a great range of durable and unique models to choose from.
We’ve had their RAIDER model under test for a while now, and it’s excelled in all environments, both in-game and out; this is an advanced pack that will serve you well for a wide range of use!
From EDC to day hikes, but also as a tactical backpack, quick and easy accessibility to essential items was the focal point of the design concept. The main compartment has a velcro panel to attach inserts compatible with the Helikon-Tex Versatile Insert System, an elastic cuffed pocket and a zippered one too. There is an organizer pocket for small items placed at the top of the pack, and this is accessible without the need to open the main compartment. On the front of the pack is a soft-lined eyepro/electronics pocket, and velcro panels allow you to attach additional Versatile Insert System-compatible inserts. Two open top side pockets can carry a lightweight shell, windshirt or water (or BB!) bottle. The front is covered with a Beaver tail panel, which can safely accommodate and retain a tactical helmet; of the pack is used simply for EDC, then the flap can be simply rolled away and secured, to avoid having to unbuckle it every time to take something out. The backpack is fitted with comfortable, profiled straps, and a rigid back panel as well as the hip belt, so you can carry it for extended periods.
Full features include:
- Overall capacity: 20 litres
- Durable padded top carry handle
- Top organizer pocket with internal sleeves and access to the removable aluminium back support
- Main compartment with oversized two-way YKK zipper, large internal hook-and-loop field for modular inserts, hydration compatible elasticated sleeve pocket, and large zippered mesh pocket
- Front beaver tail flap with quick release compression straps, outer and inner MOLLE loops, elastic sides and bottom drainage
- Front zippered sunglass pocket
- Large hook-and-loop front field for patches or IDs
- Side MOLLE panels for additional attachments
- Hydration compatible side sleeve pockets with elasticated entrance and bottom drainage
- Zippered bottom pocket with removable rain cover
- Heavily padded back with airmesh and removable aluminium support
- Concealable and adjustable quick release hip belt
- Anatomically designed padded quick release shoulder straps with airmesh, elastic loops, D-rings and elastic sternum strap
- EDC insert-compatible
- MOLLE and PALS compatible
- Heavy duty Woojin buckles and accessories
- Genuine YKK zippers
- Material: 500D Cordura
- External dimensions: 18.5″x12.2″x5.9″ (47x31x15cm)
- Weight: 1470g
If you’re in need of a great little pack that will carry all your skirmish day or patrol needs securely and comfortably then we can thoroughly recommend the Raider, and for those of you that like a bit on “PenCott” like s our mates at Military1st have advised that they even have the Raider now in “WildWood” as well as a multitude of other patterns and colours!