We’re keeping a very close eye on newly-released AEGs and GBBs at the moment due to the lack of shows this coming spring, and the latest to catch our eye at TAIWANGUN.COM is the very latest take on the humble MP5, and what a “take” it looks to be!
The latest CM.041G not only updates the look of one of our favourite machine pistol models with a new stock and forend, but comes as part of the new CYMA PLATINIUM series, created as a result of cooperation between two companies with many years of experience in the airsoft industry – CYMA and TAIWANGUN.COM. The metal body with the barrel assembly and the nylon pistol grip imitate the material used for the production of real thing, whilst the compact design with the telescopic adjustable stock makes it easier to move around in a CQB environment, the “home of the MP5”.
The new model features:
9″ external barrel, with a 14mm thread CCW
· 6.3″ aluminum MLOCK handguard
· aluminium 6-position PDW stock with battery compartment
· extended top mount rail for the red dot sight and accessories
· polymer magazine with dummy ammo
· ambi magazine release
· flat trigger
· front and rear sling attachments
The CM.041G in the new E-EDITION and HIGH-SPEED configuration has a velocity of around 350-360 fps and in combination with a LiPo battery, a ROF around 25rps and a faster trigger response so we’re told. This has been achieved with new gearbox parts with increased durability, such as:
· reinforced V2 gearbox frame
· processor unit with built-in MOSFET system
· full steel teeth polycarbonate piston
· CNC machined steel gear set (ratio: 13:1)
· CNC machined aluminum silent cylinder and piston head set (ball bearing piston head, double o-ring cylinder head)
· ball bearing spring guide
· high-speed motor
This certainly looks to us like a fabulous update to an “old campaigner”, and we look forward to getting one of these on the range for testing!